Friday, April 5, 2013

There's no finish line, so enjoy the journey.

It's Friday, do you know what that means?! That's right, new blog baby! I wasn't sure if I was going to wait till next Friday to post this, but then I got done with my workout, was feeling great, and decided today was the day. I am going to talk about my reasoning behind this blog, why I decided to do it, and what I hope to get out of this. :)
 
I guess I will start at the beginning. I have always struggled with my weight ever since I was young. I am not 100% sure when it started, but I remember being in like 4th or 5th grade, and going to my biological father's house for the summer, and trying on some clothes that I left there, and I was barely able to get them up my legs, let alone buttoned. I'm not really sure why I didn't decide to start then, maybe because I was so young?
 
Well after that I just kept going up and up and up in my weight. It has always bothered me a little, and I do feel like I have missed out on some of my younger, teenage years, but I have always been a happy, bubbly, full of life kind of person and have had many friends. Sometimes I think that it can be more of an act, then truly happy, but most of the time I am genuinely happy. As I have gotten older though, I am still happy, but I am 21 years old, and most of the time I don't want to go out and live my life to the fullest. I don't have confidence in myself.  


 
Now this isn't to say that I haven't tried to lose weight. I have tried a couple of the fad diets, such as Ideal Protein, and Slim Fast. I actually lost 25 pounds with Ideal Protein, but as soon as I started eating normal food, I gained it all back and plus some. Nutrition is definitely the hardest part for me in this whole journey. I just love food! I heard about the Eat Clean Diet, and that is what I try to follow. It's something I could see myself on for the rest of my life. You need to find something that is a lifestyle diet, not a quick fix.
 
Now working out is a new found love of mine. My mom ALWAYS tried to get me to workout with her, and I wanted nothing to do with it. I hated it. I wanted to be able to lose weight without all the hard work and hassle. I wanted to wake up skinny. Well I hate to break it to you my loves, but that never works! I now want the satisfaction and the accomplishment when I reach my goal to be able to say that I literally worked my ass off to get where I am. I have tried many workout programs from The Firm, Turbo Jam, Insanity, ChaLean Extreme, and TurboFire. I am currently doing TurboFire, and it is definitely my soul mate workout!


 
What changed it for me and what made me decide to take my health into my own hands was stumbling across Kenna Shell. I remember seeing her picture and just right away was drawn to her. So I had a couple questions that I asked her about, and she would always answer right away. It was nice to know that she had tons of questions, but she took the time to answer all of those. She then talked about coaching and we set up a phone call, and that was when I decided that this is what I wanted to do. Not only did I want to get myself healthy, but I wanted to help others and inspire others along the way. I became a coach in October of 2012.

My life has changed drastically since October. I am still at the beginning of this journey, and I will be on it for the rest of my life. I wanted to start this blog, to have a journal for myself to look back on of course, but most importantly to help others! I want to share my struggles, my accomplishments, and let you know that you are not alone in this. I want you to know that you can do this, and I will be beside you the entire way! I want you to join me on this journey. I want you to take your life and your health in your hands and change your life. I want you to succeed. I want to help you succeed. I want to be held accountable and have you as my accountability partner.
 I want to inspire you.


No comments:

Post a Comment